Friday, June 14, 2013

Peacemakers..Weak or strong?

I used to think that if you were quiet or didn't (what I thought at the time) stand up for yourself, you were weak. I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean it like your getting walked on and that's  not cool.
Boy, how I have learned what the difference is in being week or strong. I am pretty feisty by nature. I think I might have come out of the shoot like that. (old rodeo term) I always try to help the underdog and there's nothing wrong with that, that I can see. But......I see now that you don't always have to be loud or in your face to help a situation. 

In my quest for peace lately, I have sat back and watched the people in my life that have this thing down for the most part. Seems to work out better for calmness and peace in a situation. It's also very freeing. It's nice to remember that we are all loved the same in God's eyes and he commands us to love one another. Now I used to think that well I can love them but I sure don't have to like them. That still may be true as I don't call Disneyland my home. (Wished I did, I would love to live in the castle) Anywho.....I have learned that being feisty all the time is exhausting and bottom line is I really don't think you get better results. 

Sit back and chill people. I may have that printed on a shirt........My very wise friend once told me in all situations do the right thing and then you have done your part. Exception to this being if you go after one of my kids or grand kids I will, mark my words, curb stomp you. But in general Relax!!

Peace, Candy


No comments:

Post a Comment