Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bridesmaids (not the movie)

So today my daughter and I are going out to get her bridesmaids dress for the wedding and she's in an October. I have been a bridesmaid a time or two. It's a fun job but it can be exhausting as well. Who knew there were so many different colors in the family of purple or green? You are ALWAYS promised you can wear the dress again. I did however wear my bff's maid of honor dress again as she married on the beach and it was a very cute sun dress. Thats the way to go I think.

 I also like that now a days you can pick any dress you want but as long as its the same color. When I think of weddings and bridesmaid dresses, I think of the movie 27 Dresses. Loved that movie. I think that whether you are thin or fluffy you should never wear a bow on your butt. Who ever thought that would be cool? You always want to have the attention go to the bride but with a big bow of four butts walking ahead of you it is kind of hard. Maybe that's why they let you have a minute before the bride walks up. You have to get yourself back to reality and not focus on butt bows.

Any who, you always want to look decent in your dress not to upstage the bride of course but you are in front of shared family and friends I'm assuming since you rarely are probably in weddings with random strangers. Sometimes this is more difficult, do to the fact that you have different shaped women trying to wear the same cut dress. It is what it is and I would do it again if asked though. =)

I love weddings and being a bridesmaid.

So carry on my bridesmaids to be or former bridesmaids............Rock that bow!! No really step away from the bow. 

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment