Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kick The Can

So I was watching this movie Parental Guidance the other day, (It's very cute with Bette Midler and Billy Crystal). The plot was about a family with three kids that invites the grandparents (Bette- Billy) to babysit while the parents went away. The parents raise their kids a tad bit different as it is modern times but of course to the extreme since it is Hollywood. So obviously that's where all the trouble starts. 

The grandparents wanted to get the kids outside and off their electronics so they invited them to play "kick the can". That is even a lil before my time but it's basically a game where you run around and kick a  can and tag people. Well all the kids eventually participated after some coaxing and ended up having a blast. 

It got me to thinking on how hard it is these days to get our kids off the electronics and outside. My kids really aren't into sports. (one son was for awhile when he was younger). Of course it's harder here in Florida to get the kids out of the AC since it's already hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk. I tried this once when I lived in California but that's a story for another time. We like to play board games while we are inside but lately our new thing is sitting on the porch talking. That's where we have resumed are highs and lows for the day. Which consequently got me into making my fb page High/Low. There I go again off the road.......RB4 would say i have ADOS (Attention Deficit OOO Shiny). We now try to plan are outings around a body of water.

I hope that I remind you all as well as myself that our kids aren't going to be small for long so we need to enjoy them while we can. 

I think I may get off here and get ready for a beach trip. 

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment