Saturday, June 8, 2013

Small Town Girl

As you know my bff moved away recently. She moved to a very small town of 402 people. 406 now that the 4 of them joined. I am enjoying hearing her stories of small town living. I grew up in a town that was about 900ish. We actually lived out of town but you get the gist. From 7-12th grade I am pretty sure that there were 200 kids total. I graduated in a class of 18.That of course made it difficult for dating. =) I think the school D's boys will be going to beat me out at a whoppin 120 students. Those boys are considered city folk coming from this lil town in Florida. 

I wasn't a fan living in a small town when I was younger but I would so move back to one now. I loved the closeness we had. One of my friends was killed accidentally when we were around 16 and it was like the whole town shut down for his funeral. 

On a happier note though.......It's alot like the movies you see where everyone comes out to watch your football team play and you can help people if they need it because everyone knows whats going on. The town I live in now has that too. Even though the population in 2010 was a lil over 22,000. I do believe the church I have been attending for almost 15 years has alot to do with that. I love the community and small townness (I do realize that's not a word) I get from my church. Maybe that's me getting the best of both worlds.

 I hope to someday visit my friend in her lil town. For now I will just listen to her stories that remind me of my youth and make me smile. 

Peace, Candy
































































 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment