Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just Say NO

So my girl Lysa TerKeurst (well we haven't officially met yet) inspired me on todays subject. Truth be told this whole blogging and writing thing really. She is alot like me and I have learned to embrace my uniqueness. But thats another story for another day. Anywho, she was asking the question on why people, especially women, have such a hard time on saying no when asked to do things.
Some people are just pleasers and some don't want to miss out on things. I was trying to figure out why I had problems saying no. I have gotten alot better as I have gotten older but that's purely because I can't handle doing as much as I did before. I mean I am no spring chicken. (What does that mean anyway, spring chicken?) Oooooo shiny.....Anywho, I would even sign  my husband up for things. He's a big hearted man that wouldn't say no to anyone so sometimes that was a problem. ;) I think the biggest reason for me was because I didn't want to miss anything. I'm pretty social I guess. Fought that notion for awhile too. But again getting back to the topic....
Also, I don't really like to hurt peoples feelings and I love to help people. I guess you really are of no help if you wear yourself thin though? Vicious circle.

Are you in one of these categories or do you have your own reason you say yes to everything and everybody? Or maybe you have no problem at all. Either way I think it's okay to say no especially if you do it nicely. 

Peace, Candy



No comments:

Post a Comment