Monday, June 17, 2013

Kids think we are WEIRD!

So do your kids think your weird? Mine do. Maybe they don't all think that at the moment since I have four. Maybe the 3 older ones just accepted this as a fact and moved on. 
Sometimes they think I am cool. I especially love when they were younger or even my 12 year old now gets amazed if I sing a song off the radio that to him is brand new and really it is a remake from my time in the 80's. Or some of the things that are still goin around school now and I heard the same things when I was in school.. Down to... Bobby and Candy sittin in a tree........(you know your singing this right now) By the way I never have dated or even liked a Bobby for the record. At this moment I think I'm weird........

Where was I? Kids thinkin we are weird. Notice I said we because I know I'm not alone as I got this idea for this post off Facebook. My good friend Lenny (not her real name)  wrote that her daughter gave her a strange look because she was rockin with her earbuds in and her daughter just walked away. Lenny loves music. She sings and plays the keys in our band. 

One thing that I have learned is that maybe in all my weirdness it has shown my kids not to get embarrassed easily. They are not surprised my shenanigans!  

If your lucky your kids will grow up as weird or weirder then you. This makes my heart happy in a strange kind of way.

Peace, Candy






No comments:

Post a Comment