Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Camp

So my youngest son, RB4, is going to his first camp tomorrow for a week. He actually didn't want to go but since it's in the Florida Keys, I persuaded him a bit. I told him even if he was miserable, he would be doing so in the Keys.He's just not a big sleep over kind of kid. Either was my oldest son.
 Me and my hubby went their on our honeymoon 13 years ago. Would love to go back. Don't you wish your church camps were in some tropical paradise? There was no problem on chaperones I'm sure. =) He gets to go snorkeling too. Very exciting. 

Now to the problem....Mommas having a hard time. hehe I am sure I will be fine so don't worry about me but this is a big deal. I am excited that my hubby and I will be alone for a week. When does that ever happen? I am pretty sure I haven't been with out kids for 26 years. Always had one here. How weird will that be?

I went to camp when I was 12 as well. I don't remember a whole lot of things from my childhood off hand but I do remember having a blast at camp. The last four years the band has been blessed enough to go to conferences for 4 days or so. These are like camp for adults. We have the best time. 

I packed Jr a water proof camera. I hope he takes at least a few pics of something interesting. hehe Maybe when the go snorkeling or to the aquarium thingy.On a side note, packing for boys is so much easier. =)

Time to go roll up the sleeping bag....

Peace, Candy


1 comment:

  1. Its going to be real quite there but he will have great memory's of good times you and hubby can have quite time knowing you will be busy ha ha love your blog

    ReplyDelete