Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recovering Perfectionist

So i didn't post yesterday. I said I would try to post everyday. I even thought right before midnight "well you still have time!" Ugh maybe this is why I am writing today about my recovering perfectionist situation. I like things to be perfect. I can hear Dr. Phil say "How's that workin for ya?" (must use his accent when saying this) I of course have learned that things don't always turn out that way. Not even close. Funny that I thought it could be that way in the first place seeing how if you filled up the bath tub I could not nor will I ever be able to walk on water. I'm sure Jesus was worried for a minute. hehe 

Things lined up in the pantry or the toilet paper roll put on RIGHT will not help you in anyway in the real world I have learned. Some of my best times are when I am being the opposite of perfect. I think now they call that a HOT MESS! Hint for those of you who are like me.....(I know there are a few) No one cares. 

What is it they  say? A messy house is a sign of happy children? My kids must be pretty joyful right about now. 
 
Go out into the world and try and fail and then try again. My girl Lysa calls that imperfect progress! It's freeing and the people around you will thank you. Your kids will thank you and I am sure the most thankful will be your husband. If your not married, you future husband. 

Peace, Candy


No comments:

Post a Comment