Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer

Well slap the dog and spit in the fire. I actually found a one piece that looks okay on me. If you read my other blog a while back about shopping for clothes and swimsuits, you will know that this is a pretty big deal. Best part about this whole situation is that I got it for free. Had it for year and forgot about it. My one friend gave me a bag of clothes that another friend of hers was getting rid of and the tag was still on it. Hallelujah!

 Any who, this whole post isn't about my swimsuit even though this is a very joyous occasion and we should all take a moment and thank the Lord. It's about summer. I just took my 12-year-old to a friends pool and was reminded how thankful I am to have friends that will let us use their pools at any time. This one was at their clubhouse so we had it all to ourselves.It is very hot obviously and any kind of water is appreciated. Also I feel very  blessed that I am able to still have my 12-year-old want to hang out with me. Funny part was (I don't know if it's because I have lived here for 23 years and I've learned or I just really wanted to go to the pool today especially since summer started yesterday) but  even though it was raining as we drove up we we stayed. Actually bobbed around the pool while it rained on us. My son was quite impressed. That will be a memory that we have of how he floated around in the rain. Besides that quick shower the rest of the hours we spent were glorious. My hubby even came over and joined us for awhile.

 We even met a nice lady named Terry and we plan to get together again soon. 

I hope to make this summer a good one. Glad to make new friends and hang with old ones too. 

Happy Summer everyone!!!

Peace, Candy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment