Monday, July 8, 2013

Birthdays..

So it's my hubbys birthday on Saturday. He will be 46. I just had to remind him it was his birthday because even though his sisters is July 5 and we just celebrated it and he also knows that they are the same age for 9 days..........He always forgets. Especially now as we get older. We have a birthday party to go to for a 5 year old on Saturday. Tha'ts what started the whole conversation. After remembering his registration and tags are due something told me to check his drivers license. Yep, sure enough it expires on Saturday as well. Now I know we probably should have known that information but well you know? I was just impressed that I remembered the tags. No wonder we try to forget our birthdays as we get older. They are quite spendy.

I did the same thing on my birthday. Only I waited til the last minute, couldn't renew on line then had to pay a late fee. Well technology is why I had to pay a late fee because when I went down the day before my birthday, I didn't realize that I had to have proof of who I was to renew a license that they had issued me in the first place. Meaning two forms of id, two things with your address on them and your social security card. The 30 minute drive for nothing didn't really help the situation much either. But I had to use my own fave words against me. "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." Lesson learned. I have all the documents for my hubby and I even made an appointment.

So here's to birthdays not being as fun as they used to be. Cheers........

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment