Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Grands

So I was eating my whole grain english muffin with all natural peanut butter and honey mixed in. (Smuckers and very tasty) and it reminded me of when I was little and would spent weeks with my grandparents on the ranch/farm. Every morning I would make myself toast with peanut butter and honey. 

These are my dads parents that live in Cali not far from Sacramento. When we used to live in So Cal or Oregon is wasn't that far of a trip. 

They are making a trip out here next month. Driving. They are both 88 years young. They haven't yet met my grandchildren which would be their great great grandchildren. This seems odd to me. We tried to get out there this summer to Cali but it didn't happen. 

I used to love spending summers there. Talk about going back in time. Both houses on the farm were in the family til recently and we would do laundry in the outside laundry room with homemade soap and put it through the wringer (my fave part) then hang up on line. Plus they have the best peaches in the orchards and I would eat tomatoes like apples like my grandpa just adding a lil salt. I also used to love "helping" my gma teach Sunday school. She had and still does I think this craft cabinet with all kinds of scissors, glue, markers and such. TV would come on for Sesame Street and the news later in the evening.

Hoping to make some more great memories with them.  Funny how a little
 p butter and honey can bring you back...................

Peace, Candy


No comments:

Post a Comment