Monday, August 5, 2013

Orientation Time

So today I took my soon-to-be seventh grader, in two weeks, to school orientation. I always find it so funny how there can be so many different kinds of people and we all look so different. There was long lines everywhere. It looks as if some kids were already wearing their back-to-school clothes.

As we were walking out of the gym, my son pointed out that they, too his complete and utter shock, took the wall of gum down. Apparently, You can't have gum in the gym so everybody took their gum out of there mouths  and placed it on this Plexiglas wall. Ahhhh you gotta love  middle school. I threw up a little in my mouth. LOL 

I learned my lesson from last year and did not purchase a locker. My son, for some reason, would rather carry around the weight of extra  person on his back then go to his locker. Not quite sure if he couldn't get the lock or what?

 I finally got to meet his friend Kevin that he has been talking to while playing Xbox. He mentioned later how it was funny that me and Kevin's mom were the same. Probably because we couldn't understand why they don't talk to each other on the phone instead of just using headsets. They also have not hung out with eachother yet we live pretty much across the street from the kid. Yep, kids are funny.

 I try to enjoy all the time with my kids. Times like these though make me sad because this is my last child and he's a 7th grader. 
Got to go enjoy the last two weeks of summer!!! (Not really the last weather wise as its Florida!)

 
Peace, Candy 

No comments:

Post a Comment