Monday, August 26, 2013

15 Years and Counting........

So yesterday I celebrated my 15th year at my church. Since then I have come to know the best most loving people I have ever met. They literally are part of my family and I am amazed at how such a lil church can do so many big things. Always helping people no matter who or where you are. Let me tell you how I met them.

I lived on the street of where this church stood at the corner. At the time I only had 2 kids ages 9-11 and I was watching a lil 11 month old baby girl (who by the way celebrates her Sweet 16 next month).

I had just got done dropping off the kids at school and even though I was dressed I was wearing slippers. (Never have left the house like that since by the way) As I was coming around the corner a loud noise from the bottom of my car made me stop. Turns out the transmission fell out. I am not kidding. I was upset because I didn't know what to do.It was before cell phones or atleast I didn't have one and it was a pretty long walk for August carrying a baby.

 A man wearing tshirt, shorts, and a baseball cap rode up on a riding lawn mower and asked if I needed help. He seemed to have come out of no where. I usually would not get in a car with someone I didn't know but he was mowing the church lawn and I felt safe. He dropped us off and took my number and called me later to see if he could assist in getting my kids home from school. I asked him if he worked at the church mowing the lawns and he said I'm the preacher. I was surprised I guess because he looked so "normal". I asked him some questions and went that first Sunday and have been there ever since. On a side note he is not really normal but that makes me love him even more. So glad my car broke down. He will tease and say he won't help anybody broke down anymore but I bet he would. 

So I celebrate this church and this new family but most of all I give credit to God. He sure knows what he's doing even if we don't. 

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment