Monday, August 19, 2013

Back 2 School

Today is the first day of school where we live. Lived here 23 years and it still doesn't sit well with me that we send our kids back in August. Wish it was like when I was growing up and back to school was the day after labor day. I feel as though we are still in summer so I am not ready. Not that it will be any cooler labor day either. But September sounds more norma

I always get a little sad when summer is over and the kids go back. I am fortunate enough to be home with them and so its a big change (and ya know how I love that) for school to start. I look at all the Facebook posts and pictures of all the kids and get teary eyed. I myself have a 7th grader and a 12th grader. I have friends that are sending their kids to the first day of kindergarten and also gals that our sending their kids off to college. 

I like to see all the eager faces proud of their new clothes and excited to see their friends. Many they haven't seen since June on the last day.

Parent pick up is not my favorite though. Luckily that slows down after the first week. We live close to the school so RB4 rides home unless it's raining. I just noticed high school was out so I am waiting to hear how it went. Middle school has 35 more minutes. 

Hope all you parents, kids, and teachers had an awesome day. 

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment