Monday, October 14, 2013

Job Hunting...

I am sure I'm not alone when I say that job hunting is not fun. It is really the opposite of fun. Going on websites and sending in resumes as well as newspapers and just the old fashion help wanted signs,.........Which of course those are few and far between. Most of it is done online. I hate that. Your sending in what you have done but not who you are. I mean lets face it your not gonna get hired at Hooters if you got no uh um......well you know. Not that I was applying there I was merely stating the obvious. lol 

Then if your more, lets say mature, ok old.......sometimes your treated a tad bit different then your younger sisters. Ugh! I was getting pretty discouraged. Especially since I got told alot I was over qualified alot. I know this. I am not trying to take over your company, I just want to work and have fun if I possibly can then go home to my family. 

I would love to be a talk show host like say Kelly and Candy but after Regis left I didn't seem to get a call. 
But anywho back to the job search...I don't know about you but I don't like to be judged. I feel like when you are job hunting that is pretty much what your signing yourself up for. Job dating if you will. Bleck!

I do have good news though. I just started my new job today and I think it will be a great fit. It's at a baby boutique and its really close to my house. The gals I am working with are very kind. I think I'm gonna like it there. (Ps. I did find it on Facebook but I also went in to introduce myself) =)

If your looking for a job, I feel your pain. Hopefully you can do something you love. Makes a big difference.

Peace, Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment